Vol. 25 (October 19, 2021)
Announcement from District Director
- The District has the following PQD program to energize the clubs.
Please enjoy and deepen the engagement between the members and clubs through the program.
- [Day of Celebration] October 22nd is the anniversary of Toastmasters starting 97 years ago.
Dr. Ralph C. Smedley introduce the idea of Toastmasters to his colleagues of YMCA and held the 1st meeting at the basement of the YMCA in Santa Ana, California, U.S.A., forming a club to practice and training in the art of public speaking. That gathering eventually became Club No.1 of Toastmasters International.
Gather with fellow members on October 22 to honor your accomplishments.
Announcement from Program Quality Director
Hi, fellow Toastmasters. As Program Quality Director, I would like to inform you of “3” issues as follows.
TLI will be held for 3 weeks from 11/28 (Sun) to 12/15 (Wed).
The specific schedule and content of each session of TLI have been decided as follows.
(The PDF file is HERE.)
TLI is an abbreviation of Toastmasters Leadership Instititue.
In recent years, Club Officer Training (COT) has opened only to club officers. This year, we have adopted a TLI-style training recommended by Toastmasters International. As a result, all sessions except several sessions will be opened to all members of District 76.
- Educational Sessions (grey-colored sessions above) are opened for any Toastmasters in District 76.
- Club officers are required to meet the following requirements to complete Club Officer Training (COT) #2: attending one Officer Session (blue-colored sessions above) and two or more Educational Sessions.
- If you serve club officers for multiple clubs, you can complete the COT#2 for ALL clubs by meeting the above requirement 2 as ONE club officer.
District 76 Contest Schedule
The contest schedule hosted by District 76 this year is as follows.
- 5/14(Sat) am / Humorous Speech Contest (Japanese)
- 5/14(Sat) pm / Humorous Speech Contest (English)
- 5/21(Sat) pm / Japanese Speech Contest
- 5/22(Sun) pm / International Speech Contest
(The PDF file is HERE.)
Host Divisions of the above contests will be announced after they are decided by the contest steering committee of District 76.
Club Energizing Program
I would like to announce “Club Energizing Program” again!
Event period: From 2021, July 1st(*) to 2022, April 30th (10 months)
*Registration of each role to the Program can be applied retroactively to July 1st this year.
Please refer to our announcement on 7/10/2021.
As you see the contents, it is not so difficult to proceed with the Program. You may have already achieved some of the goals in the previous regular meetings this year, for example:
ex.1) Complete 3 roles (=Ah counter, Timer, and Grammarian)
ex.2) Complete 2 roles (=Speaker and Evaluator)
ex.3) Complete Table Topics Master
Please download the project sheet from District 76 website and try filling in the dates!
Announcement from Club Growth Director
Let’s Welcome a New Club!
I would like to introduce a new club.
Citi Klatch Toastmasters Club chartered on October 1st under Division C Area 36. The second new club this year is also a corporate club within a multinational financial services company. They have already selected two club mentors from other clubs and started working on creating a club with a lot of fun and learning. Let’s give a warm welcome to our newest friends.
Announcement from Public Relations Manager
“The first step for VPPRs! Public relations activities starting from leaflets ”
In this workshop, we want you to learn how to create effective texts that will appeal to yourselves. If you can create effective texts, you can apply it not only to leaflets, but also to websites, social media, and videos.
- Date and time: Saturday, November 6, 2021 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Location: Online held by ZOOM (If you apply, we will send you the ID by email at least one week before the event. )
- Lecturer: District 76 PR Team Club Support Erika Nakazato (Presentation TMC)
- Application: Please access the application page below. (Application deadline : 11:59 p.m. on November 5, 2021.)
Let’s deepen the learning of PR skills together. We’re looking forward to seeing you!!
Announcement from Global Liaison Team
Let’s Join Club Overseas!
“Let’s join club overseas! Let’s get Japanese clubs from overseas to join us!”
(This event will be held in Japanese)
With the COVID-19 situation, about 80% of Toastmasters club meetings in the world are held online. You can join clubs anywhere in the world through the Internet even when you are in Japan.
Why don’t you take this opportunity as a new chance to visit a club overseas?
Many TMC members joined in the clubs overseas as dual members. I also have visited many clubs overseas and joined a club in Canada.
In addition, there are Japanese language TMCs in foreign countries.
When I was not confident with my English, I joined a bilingual club in a foreign country where I could use Japanese and English. A number of members in the U.S. who learn Japanese have visited the bilingual club as guests.
[How to find an overseas club!]
Sunday, November 28, 2021 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm!
We will invite three speakers!
- A member who is involved in clubs overseas triggered by the pandemic
- A member who has a dual membership with a club in China
- A member who lives in the US and is a member of a bilingual Japanese club
They will also introduce the way to find clubs overseas by using Easy Speak, FB, Meetup, Secret Google Sites, etc..
*This event will be held in Japanese.
(deadline: 18:00 JST (GMT +9) Saturday, 27 November)
We will send the URL for the meeting and other information to the registerers.
▼ Organized by
Global Liaison Team of Toastmasters Club Japan (District 76)
Ai Isobe, Project Leader, Global Liaison Team, District 76, Japan
Please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!